Reports to: CEO
Location: Las Vegas, NV or Albuquerque, NM
Job Description Summary:
This position will take full responsibility of vertical farm technology development and implementation of the company in the areas of farm automation, environmental control, and farm equipment. This role will frequently collaborate with corporate, affiliates, as well as customers, and supplier personnel to provide subject matter expertise.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead internal efforts to develop advanced tools, systems, and machines for the farm production operation in order to improve, upgrade and maintain operating productivity and efficiency for better quality and higher yield of crops.
- Identify, collaborate, manage, and implement third-party technologies in the areas of Controlled Environment Agriculture including hardware, software, sensors, electronic devices, and integrate them into the company’s operational infrastructure.
- Responsible for designing, programming, simulating, and testing automated machinery or processes that are intended to complete precise tasks
- Conduct continuous new technology investigation and research, attending conferences and demo’s to stay abreast of market changes in technology in the industry
- Work with S&M department and other engineers to apply the technologies to the farming customers using our modules and systems, and when possible, develop them into new products
- Coordinate efforts with other departments related to technologies that contribute to plant growth, farm operation, quality control, logistics, facility, and other operational activities.
- Assist the Sales Department with in-the-field or in-the-office Buyer presentations that express the IP uniqueness of the Sanan grow system.
- Assist in the development of marketing materials and presentations with the Marketing Department, assisting with PowerPoint presentations, brochure creations, videos, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- B.S. Degree or above in Engineering, Computer, Automation, Controls, etc.
- 5+ years of industrial experience in the development of robot application, automation system, sensors, and controls.
- Experience with indoor hydroponic farming, horticulture, or agriculture is a plus.
- Skilled and experienced with automation programming (Java, Python, C++, etc.), robot application, control system, PLC programming and applications
- Familiar with mechanical design software (CAD, SolidWorks, etc.), sensor technologies, wireless networking, and/or machine vision, image processing, etc.
- Experience in smart warehousing design and implementation is a plus
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in a positive manner, follow through on directions and organize effectively to satisfy the customers’ needs.
- Proven ability to effectively manage projects and multi-task.
- Excellent reporting, presentation, and communication skills
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Competitive wages
- Simple IRA
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Short-and-Long-Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Vacation and Holiday Pay